Frequently Asked Questions.
- What should I expect when I activate my license plate?
- Is the service free?
- Can anyone text-message my license plate?
- Is my cell number displayed in service?
- What are Certified locations?
1. MessageByPlate™ will be added as a contact in your address book.
2. The MessageByPlate™ web app will be automatically installed on your mobile device.
3. Previous messages sent to your vehicles license plate will be delivered.
4. You will receive instant new message notifications for new messages received.
Yes. MessageByPlate™ is free to receive and reply to text-messages sent to your vehicles license plate. Subscription is required to send.
Mirror Hangtags do not require service to subscription to text-message the vehicles owner.
Yes, text-messages previously sent to your vehicles will be delivered with service activation.
At any time, you can opt. to recieve messagesfrom MessgaeByPlate™ certified parking locations only.
No. All text messages are sent/received from MessageByPlate™ proprietary (neutral) service numbers.
Your cell phone number is never displayed to other users or to employees/owners of certified locations.
MessageByPlate™ certified locations are verified by location or property name ✔.
Certified locations include:
- Parking Garages
- Event Stadiums
- Music Festivals
- Outdoor Sporting Events
- College Campuses
- Retail Malls
- Office Complexe etc.
How to quickly scan MessageByPlate™ QR codes using only your phones camera.
*QR code reader is not required. Simply scan using your phones camera.
1. Open your phones camera
2. Point at QR code
3. Tap the notification that appears at the top of your screen
1. Open device Settings
2. Scroll down and tap on Camera
3. Scan QR Codes On
*If you have an older Apple device and Scan QR Codes is not a displayed option. You will need to download a QR reader.
1. Go to your settings app and enable QR Code scanning.
*If you have an older Android device and QR Scanning is not a displayed option. You will need to download a QR reader.
1. Click the camera icon from within Snapchat and point your camera at the QR code.
2. Tap the notification that appears.
1. Click the camera icon from within Shazam and point your camera at the QR code.
2. Tap the notification that appears.
- How do I certify our property?
- How do I certify my fleet?
- How do I advertise on MessageByPlate™ parking signs?
- How do I advertise on MessageByPlate™ Car Mirror hangtags?
- Can a business still use the service without Certification?
Certify your event or parking property.
Certify your fleet vehicles. Reduce parking complaints and citations.
Provide private parking locations with free parking signs and service.
Protect customer vehicles from parking tickets and tows.
Yes. However, if the vehicle owner has their communication preferences set to receive new message notifications from Certified accounts only. Your message will not be delivered in compliance with their privacy communication preferences.
- Do I need to install an app?
- How do I checkout using Venmo?
- How do I block unwanted text messages?
- How do I scan a license plate to send a text-message?
- Does MessageByPlate access DMV records?
No. MessageByPlate™ is a next generation web app. No app download is required.
The service is automatically installed on your mobile device with service activation.
Compatible with all mobile iOS & Android & Samsung devices.
Note: Make sure you have connected your browser in your Venmo account settings.
1. Login to your Account.
2. Click on your preferences tab.
3. Select to receive from “Certified Locations Only”.
Private individuals or non-certified locations will no longer be able to send you text messages.
1. Point your camera at the vehicles license plate.
2. Click the “Compose” button that appears when the license plate has been successfully scanned.
3. Compose your text-message to the vehicles owner….click send.
Information is neither shared or retrieved from other third party platforms or databases.
Let us know what you think of MBP. We would love to hear your thoughts on the service.